Collecting for Syria.
We organise aid collections to send to Syria. Email Becky if you can help in anyway Becky or call 07961 170225
Can you donate?:
- Care packs for mothers & babies – http://www.samarasaidappeal.org/care-packs
- Coats & snow-wear, new and used – adult, child & baby
- New underwear only (no used), with tags or in packaging
- Shoes (polished) all seasons in immaculate condition
- Boots & welly boots, clean, adult/child
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- Duvets only if like new with no marks or stains
- Wheelchairs, zimmer frames and crutches (paired)
- Moses baskets and baby bedding
- Disposable nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
Our aim is to provide practical support and friendship to refugees and asylum seekers coming to Harrogate.
How do we do this?
- Offer toys, clothes, bedding, furniture, TVs etc. via donations.
- Provide local guides to the area translated into Arabic.
- To organise social opportunities for the families to meet to prevent isolation.
- To take families to local attractions.
- To facilitate social interactions with lifts where necessary.
- Supporting the Refugee Council and NYCC with any needs identified for the refugees where feasible.
Roles that you can volunteer for:
- Arabic speaking Interpreter (enhanced DBS may be required)
- Lift Coordinator (coordinating volunteers who have offered lifts)
- Social events Coordinator (to coordinate opportunities to socialise )
- Large items Coordinator (sourcing extra items of furniture, TVs & DVD players, household items, organising collection and delivery of the items)
- Volunteer Coordinator (processing applications and introducing volunteer to the relevant coordinator(s))
- Assisting with running the clothes bank (once a month). Please note this will be open to anyone in Harrogate on a low income via a voucher referral system and not just refugees.
- Collecting and delivering furniture and TVs etc
- Giving lifts to social events if requested by lift’s coordinator
- Taking the families on outings / inviting them to an activity that you attend.
To apply please click here to download a form, complete and return to Michelle Hayes.
Click here to see what we are currently looking for.
For any queries or offers of help (financial, donations of items, or volunteering) please email email@example.com
Asylum seekers can also get in touch via this address.