Collecting for Syria.
We are collecting aid to send to Syria. If you would like to club together as a house group/group of friends to send a care pack for an expectant mother, a new born baby, a woman who has escaped ISIS or a family or if you would like to donate items towards a pack please follow this link. http://www.samarasaidappeal.org/care-packs
Please note we are only collecting a limited amount of clothing
We need to raise £7500 to ship it to Syria- do you know of a business that could help fund this or would you like to make a donation?
- Do you have contacts in the transport industry that would take the boxes to Beverley for free or at a reduce rate?
- Can you spare a couple of hours between 9-12 Jun to help with the collection and sorting at Horizon Life in Killinghall?
- Email Becky if you can help in anyway Becky <Beckylinzner76@hotmail.com> or call 07961 170225.
The Canaan Warehouse redistributes donated household items and clothing for free to those in serious need locally and in Eastern Europe. Several shipments a year are sent to refugees and orphanages in Hungary. They need to find a new, rent-free premises or the warehouse will have to close. They are also in need of more volunteers. If you can help please contact Brian Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org 07570 479797.
Appeal for aid for Syria 9th-12th June. Can you help?
Drop off at horizon life training, Kennell Hall Farm, Ripon Road Killinghall HG32AY
Contact Becky on 07961 170225 <email@example.com>
Can you donate:
- Care packs for mothers & babies – http://www.samarasaidappeal.org/care-packs
- Coats & snowear, new and used – adult, child & baby
- New underwear only (no used), with tags or in packaging
- Shoes (polished) all seasons in immaculate condition
- Boots & welly boots, clean, adult/child
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- Duvets only if like new with no marks or stains
- Wheelchairs, zimmer frames and crutches (paired)
- Moses baskets and baby bedding
- Disposable nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
Our aim is to provide practical support and friendship to refugees and asylum seekers coming to Harrogate.
How do we do this?
- Offer toys, clothes, bedding, furniture, TVs etc. via donations.
- Provide local guides to the area translated into Arabic.
- To organise social opportunities for the families to meet to prevent isolation.
- To take families to local attractions.
- To facilitate social interactions with lifts where necessary.
- Supporting the Refugee Council and NYCC with any needs identified for the refugees where feasible.
Roles that you can volunteer for:
- Arabic speaking Interpreter (enhanced DBS may be required)
- Lift Coordinator (coordinating volunteers who have offered lifts)
- Social events Coordinator (to coordinate opportunities to socialise )
- Large items Coordinator (sourcing extra items of furniture, TVs & DVD players, household items, organising collection and delivery of the items)
- Volunteer Coordinator (processing applications and introducing volunteer to the relevant coordinator(s))
- Assisting with running the clothes bank (once a month). Please note this will be open to anyone in Harrogate on a low income via a voucher referral system and not just refugees.
- Collecting and delivering furniture and TVs etc
- Giving lifts to social events if requested by lift’s coordinator
- Taking the families on outings / inviting them to an activity that you attend.
To apply please click here to download a form, complete and return to Michelle Hayes.
Click here to see what we are currently looking for.
For any queries or offers of help (financial, donations of items, or volunteering) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Asylum seekers can also get in touch via this address.